GN Hear & Now
TECH IN A SEC
Programming ReSound LiNX 3D with Airlink 2.
A significant amount of the Technical Support calls we receive relate to our new ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aids not being detected using the Airlink 2. ReSound Smart FitTM is the fitting software required for ReSound LiNX 3D devices. This software includes ReSound Aventa 3.11 required to program existing devices. Additionally, the most up to date version of the firmware for Airlink 2 is the firmware version 2.15. Updating the firmware to this version ensures compatibility with the latest ReSound LiNX 3D devices.
The steps below have been listed to guide you through the process of the update.
How to determine firmware version in our Airlink 2
- If in Aventa 3.10 or 3.11 in the upper left corner click edit>Preferences.
- Click on the Machine Preferences tab
- Change the “Default Programming interface” to Airlink or “NoahLink wireless” (whichever option is available).
- Click the Test Button
- Click the Test button in the small window.
- If the Airlink 2 has been updated, it will show Firmware Version 2.15
- If it shows any other Firmware version, follow the procedure listed below
How to update Airlink 2 to the latest firmware
Method 1 (Using SmartFit software)
- Choose a ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aid and simulate a fitting
- Go to the “hamburger menu” drop-down button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on the Accessory Updater
- Plug in the Airlink 2
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to update
- Visit http://helpdesksupporttools.com/resound
- Select Releases & Updates
- Scroll down to “ReSound Airlink 2 Update.”
- Click the red/white button to download the patch.
- Go to the folder where the installation file has been downloaded and double-click the airlink2updaterinstall.exe file
- Click Next and Install.
- When the installation ends, click Finish.
- To update your Airlink 2, double-click the Airlink 2 updater icon on your desktop and follow the on screen instructions.
If you ever have any technical issues please call Technical Support - Australia 1800 658 955, New Zealand 0800 900 126.